Saturday, November 28, 2009

Letter Of Motivation For Culinary Art

inferior VISIONARY

When I saw them I felt apprehensive. They were dirty, dressed in a bizarre and ragged clothes and their bodies, just bones covered with skin, were full of wounds and rashes. What once had to be an attractive partner, or so I imagine it probably had been transformed into an undead couple split and staring eyes.

Like any good citizen, I changed my sidewalk as I saw them. With this simple gesture I showed my superiority, I am a good person, with family, home, car and bank account, and they were just scum, dirt, social waste. So I did them the same thing I do when I find a dog shit on the sidewalk, ducked and drove away quickly so I got the smell.

By chance hours later found them sitting in a doorway in front of my balcony. I had nothing important to do that day, so I spent a couple of hours to watch. That made me feel good. From the safety of my house could regard them as sacrosanct if it did on monkeys in the zoo, with the possibility of spying behavior and without danger of getting too close to me.

I could not hear what they said but I saw her every move perfectly. One of them, I think the boy was pulled out several things in a plastic bag and arranged them around. I could see a half empty beer bottle, a can of olives and a piece of bread. She then placed a tissue on the sidewalk as a tablecloth and it was organizing an impromptu picnic. Once everything was put in place, they sat facing each the other and began to eat. They seemed strangely happy and chatting animatedly as they ate and drank very slowly, as if to extend as much as possible that frugal snack. They ate, drank, talked and laughed for a while, nothing to care about the world around them. Suddenly, a fat man turned the corner and a few steps later, he threw a cigarette butt on the ground, when he saw the girl got up and crossed the street, took the floor, cleaned the tip with the sleeve of his jersey and put it to his boy on the lips. The boy smiled, showing the few teeth he had left, they hugged and kissed her tenderly on the lips. I remember that I have never felt more mean that day, mean and miserable.


0 comments:

Post a Comment